Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Crybaby Sadpants

It's not any news that I'm feeling a bit heartbroken these days.  I was starting to feel like myself again and I'm enjoying a night at home putting up the rest of my decorations and being festive.  I'm feeling content.  I'm feeling all Stewart Smalley ala SNL.  "Kelly, you're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it, people like you."  Then bam Piano Man comes on Pandora.  It's like I was punched in the heart.  I believe I stopped breathing for a minute.  This is where my fear of growing old alone and dying and cats eating my body come in.  Just kidding.  I don't even have any cats.  Anyways, at what point will stuff like this not feel like a kick in the balls?  I'm ready for the time when I can hear a song like that and remember how great and funny it was that we always ended Singstar with that song.  Scream-singing and on occasion wailing on harmonica and laughing because I really think if you can breath you can play harmonica and he thinks it takes skill.  We can all agree to disagree.  So, here is to pulling myself up by my bootstraps and carrying on.  Tis the season to be jolly, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment