Saturday, December 31, 2011

This is probably a first for me making a list of resolutions.  I'm not even sure if that's what it is or it just happens that a new year is starting at the same time that I am in need of changes.  Either way, I am ready for a fresh start.  

~stop over committing myself.  i am the worst at this.  i say yes to everything and then i feel rushed and have a hard time enjoying it all.

~sew more.  learn to use a pattern instead of "eyeballing" everything.  

~teach me things!  i want to learn your hobbies.  so far i only have jack bringing me to shoot.  i'd like someone to teach me to knit and crochet also.  let me know if you have something you want to teach me.

~craft nights.  my ladies and i always say we are going to get this going and it happens too rarely.  i want to make time for this.

~game nights!  my rad neighbors (rachel, david, morgan, cecil, aggie, john...) and i have toyed with this idea, but life gets busy.  i want to make time for this too.  

~potluck dinners with friends.

hahaha....wasn't my #1 to stop over committing?! 

~finish up projects in my house.  a friend came over for the first time and said "you can tell your house is a labor of love for you."  this is so true.  

~surround myself with love.  this is pretty easy considering my life is so full of amazing, loving people.  lately i have been focusing too much on the one person who has fallen out of love with me.  i need to do myself and everyone around me a favor and just stop.  i could be scaring away future love.  they see me and are like "whoa, emotional basket case!"  i'm kidding.  sort of.  

~ride my bike, go to more shows (i'm lucky to live in walking distance to great shows almost every weekend), spend more time at the beach, paddle board, read more.

~juice daily.  i've been doing this and i really look forward to it everyday.  i'm missing it while i'm gone.  eat clean, healthy, organic living foods.

I'm sure this list could just go on and on.  I am looking forward to starting a fresh new year with y'all.  It's going to be a great one!

*give this a read.  good stuff.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!  See ya in a week!  I'm enjoying soaking up the cold, brisk air even though I'm sure I will come home with rough, chapped alligator skin.  That's hot! 
xoxo, Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Love your resolutions and love the "30 things to stop doing to yourself." Reading through all of those reminded me a little of the song/speech "Everybody's free to wear sunscreen". Good stuff indeed!

    ReplyDelete